Sometimes it’s easier to focus on what we don’t have, rather than what we do have. It’s important to take time out and remember all of the things to be thankful for that many of us take for granted.
1. Good Health Even if you’re health isn’t great, it could be worse and you likely still have some working parts to be thankful for.
2. Money in the Bank Having just a few coins makes you richer than most people on Earth.
3. Good Friends Often, it’s the quality of friendships, not the quantity.
4. Freedom of Religion Being able to worship whomever and however you want is something many people don’t ever experience.
5. Your Parents Even if they’re dysfunctional, they gave you life.
6. Weekends There’s something magical about weekends.
7.Having a Partner Being in a romantic relationship can teach you so much about the world and yourself.
8. Pets Pets offer one of the best examples of unconditional love.
9. Learning from Mistakes If we never made mistakes, we wouldn’t learn much so it is one of those things we should be thankful for.
10. Opportunity to Get an Education The opportunity to attend school is something many people don’t have.
11. Having a Home Whether you live in an apartment, a mansion, or a tent, having a place to call home is something to be thankful for.
12. An Ability to Read If you’re reading this right now, you have a lot to be thankful for.
13. Breathing Fresh Air Being able to step outside to breathe in fresh air is a good reminder how many little things we should be thankful for.
14. A Bed to Sleep A bed is one of those things that’s easy to take for granted, until you don’t have one.
15. Laughter Without laughter, the world would be a sad place.
16. Safety and Security Being able to wake up without immense fear frees us up to really live life.
17. Cars Without cars, it would take a lot longer to get our activities done.
18. Sunshine The sun’s warmth can brighten any day.
19. Time Although we often don’t think there’s enough of it, time is something we shouldn’t take for granted.
20. Clean Water Many people on earth lack access to clean water.
21. Cell Phones Cell phones make talking to loved ones easy.
22. Love The world sure would be a different place if we lacked the ability to love.
23. Books Books provide an opportunity to enter another world all from the comfort of your own home.
24. Kindness of Strangers Never take the kindness of a stranger for granted.
25. Campfires The simplicity of a campfire creates lifelong memories.
26. Pain Without pain, it would be difficulty to appreciate life’s joys.
27. Art The world would be less beautiful if art didn’t exist.
28. Holidays Any reason to celebrate is something we should be thankful for.
29. Freedom of Speech Being able to express your thoughts and feelings freely should never be taken for granted.
30. Rainbows The beauty of a rainbow is unmatched.
31. Tears Sometimes when there are no words to say, tears express how we feel for us.
32. Waking up Today Simply waking up today means you have things to be thankful for.
33. Indoor Plumbing Indoor plumbing not only provides convenience, it spares us from disease.
34. Wisdom that Comes with Age Thankfully, we grow smarter over time.
35. Mountains Mountains provide us with beauty and recreation.
36. Eyesight Being able to see allows us to view the world’s beauty.
37. Grocery Stores Grocery stores mean we don’t have to spend all of our time getting our own food.
38. Sunsets Sunsets are a reminder that we should enjoy the simple things in life.
39. Entertainment Entertainment gives us a way to relax and enjoy life.
40. Your Mind Being able to think, remember, and solve problems sure makes life easier.
41. Employment Even if you don’t like your job, being employed means someone thought you were special enough to hire.
42. Diversity The world would be a boring place without diversity.
43. Moon and Stars The moon and stars encourage us to dream.
44. Electricity Electricity makes most of our chores efficient.
45. Air Conditioning Staying cool on a hot day is something people wouldn’t have dreamed about in past centuries.
46. Hearing Being able to hear your loved one’s voice is something that not everyone gets to do.
47. Children Watching children laugh, grow, and dream can keep things in perspective.
48. Ability to Learn The ability to learn new things means we have endless potential.
49. People Willing to Teach Whether it’s your grandmother teaching you to knit or your plumber showing you how to prevent future problems, be grateful that others are willing to use their time and talents to teach you something new.
50. Oceans The sea creatures in the ocean almost seem too mystical to be real.
51. Modern Medicine Without advances in modern medicine, many of us wouldn’t be alive.
52. Music Music brings out new emotions.
53. Entrepreneurs Some of life’s best inventions resulted from an entrepreneur who was willing to take a risk.
54. Warm Clothing On a cold day, there’s nothing more important than warm clothing.
55. Freedom to Vote Being able to have a say in the laws should never be taken for granted.
56. An Internet Connection It’s hard to believe how easy it is to take the internet for granted, seeing how none of us had just a couple of decades ago.